Those who struggle with mental illness know this: coping skills are key to a successful recovery as well as life with mental illness. I’m going to make a “master list” of coping skills that either a) I’ve tried or b) YOU’VE tried and would like to share. If you’re interested in adding a helpful coping skill that is not on the list, simply fill out the form below.
Coping Skills 101
2. Write a letter to someone.
3. Call a friend.
5. BLAST music
6. Go on a walk
7. Look at pictures of puppies!
8. Rip paper into teeny tiny pieces.
9. take a warm shower, and sing as loud as you want.
10. Say a rosary, and concentrate on your breathing. Hail (Breathe in) Mary (breathe out) Full (breathe in) of (breathe out)… you get the picture.
11. Write God a letter. Tell Him how you really feel. Don’t worry about fancy language.
12. Have a playlist of stupid, funny youtube videos you can watch when you’re feeling down.